14 Jul 2009

no nun chuck skills

I hate writing resumes.
Tempted to write that I have no nun chuck skills so there really isn't much of a point in the hiring of me.
Seriously though, the job hunt thing makes me depressed. And I have a job. No one wants to hire a fresh graduate (even though I am technically not one). Everyone wants someone with at least 2-3 years experience. Too bad I have been in class for the past 2-3 years, perhaps I should of been getting some experience. Too bad the media and comm field is constantly changing and evolving (twittered your complaints to starbucks anyone? they will reply!) and those 2-3 years of experience may be deemed void. I know how to write a freaking press release! Whether I print it, fax it, email it, facebook it. I went to uni, I know how to do it.

Man friend is also having trouble finding a job (he also has one as well, but this isn't the point). He is getting interested in doing a trade. But for all the ads that are on TV telling people to do a trade instead of going to uni, he is getting brushed off by practically everyone. All because he is over 21. He said to me today, ' back in highschool, I never even considered a trade, it was always uni - business or something equally as boring'. Obviously that didn't work out as planned. But because it took him till the age of 21 (not old by any ones definition) he is unable to secure work.

Looks like its a big fuck you to the nations economy.

No comments: