10 Jul 2009

all you can eat buffet

best friend's fiance essentially kicked her out. after she moved 8 hours north of Brisbane to be with him. best friend has suspicions that fiance was starting something with their room mate.

plus side. best friend is back within a 5 minute vicinity meaning i can have play dates again.
downside. oh you know, self consuming miserableness.

anyway, man friend rolled over whilst in the midst of ranting about having a food baby (srsly, guys are such whingers) and took my face in his hands, looked me in the eye, and said "i will never do what fiance did to best friend".

heart broke and melted at same time.

not so perfect man friend at that all encompassing moment became my perfect man friend.
all my frustrations and anger at his illness vanished and i knew he was the one i was meant to be with. for better or for worse.

then he rolled back over and continued to moan asking me 'how could you let me eat so much?' then with a resigned sigh declared 'he had no regrets, all you can eat buffet - best idea ever.'

No comments: