6 Nov 2009

final day as a slave to the customer service man

Today was my last day working in retail for what I hope to be forever, if not, a very long time.

the things I will not miss about retail/customer service:

  • being ignored when you greet/try to help someone
  • being called "good girl" when I put something in a bag. i am not a dog, and if you are going to treat me like one at least give me a treat.
  • even better, you could try treating me like a human being
  • the phrase "cheque, savings or credit"
  • tiny, overflowing stock rooms
  • ill fitting uniforms
  • over demanding customers, my work ethic is not 'the customer is always right' mostly it is 'the customer is always stupid, rude or annoying'
  • people loitering around the door waiting for you to open the doors, and then trampling you when you do, it will still be there when you get it, especially since you are the only one out here.
  • two words: 'seniors discount'
  • retail shopping blindess - I once heard a customer ask, while standing in front of the register. "yeah, but where do i pay?"
  • fat, scooter riding women, who honk at you so that they don't even have to 'scoot' (not walk) into the store.

on a brighter note, things I will miss:

  • the amazing staff who I now just call my friends
  • singing and dancing to the AMAZING centre music (Tina Arena is huge in France)
  • the free access to chocolate, wrapping paper and ribbon
  • merchandising windows
  • the old ladies who just make me laugh instead of wanting to strangle them
  • the old men who just make me laugh instead of wanting to strangle them

No comments: