27 Oct 2009

i know it's early but...

I love Christmas.

Even working in a chocolate store at X-mas cannot deter me from the love I hold for it so dear in my heart.

I know it's early but yesterday at work I could smell it!!!

And then tonight, while hanging out the washing manfriend said he could smell xmas beetles in the air.

Things Erin <3's about X-Mas:
(in not particular order)
  • Going swimming all day long
  • Coleslaw, my Nanna's pasta salad and potato salad
  • Christmas Carols in every store
  • BING CROSBY
  • House lights
  • Those giant plastic candy canes
  • Those giant REAL candy canes
  • Buying presents
  • WRAPPING PRESENTS!
  • UNWRAPPING PRESENTS!
  • Fruit mince pies. Going into to coles, just to buy fruit mince pies. Harassing my Nanna for fruit mince pies. Smelling fruit mince pies because you physically cannot eat any more but are not eat satisfied.
  • The way the mornings feel when you wake up (only people who experience Xmas in the Summer)
  • Decorating the tree (note: I love this so much I made my family decorate the tree the morning I went to Europe for 2 months as I would not be home to do it)
  • Getting to see everyone you know and love. and mostly seeing them drunk (Stolen: The Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl by Belle Du Jour)
  • The fake snow
  • Our annual coast trip
  • Carols on TV
  • Watching the Carols on Xmas eve while eating fruit mince pies with mum, dad and man friend
  • (This one is a newbie) Drinking with my family on Xmas Day
  • My mum's Santa candy cane holder
I think this list could go on forever.

4 comments:

Skarburn said...

and her blogeration lives.

Sarah said...

- the Christmas table cloth...
- playing Mario Kart all day and still kicking Dad's ass after all these years...
- convincing Dad that putting up house lights on the hottest day of the year is the best idea ever (but then he makes you hold the ladder)
-decorating the tree and seeing the decorations that you handmade when still at school
-making extra rummy rum balls

I could go on... In fact, I think there may be a blog post for me in there... :)

e e rin said...

- laughing at dad as he bitches about being on a ladder, while on the ladder

Sarah said...

-laughing at dad as he bitches about how hot it is and being on the ladder, while on the ladder
- Dad joking about having to beat Gary's lights, only we know that he's not really joking and that he is making plans for light domination as we speak